Thursday 22 October 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [vigilance]

I facilitated a mini workshop last night to a group of about 55 women. The topic was on Romantic Relationship & Communication. It was by and large a good mini workshop.

At the end the workshop, the women were given survey forms to fill in to assist us to improve on our services and also for market research. After the whole workshop was over, we looked through the forms to see the kinds of feedback we were getting.

One of the forms stood out from the rest. The question asked was, how relevant was the topic of the workshop to the participant. The answer was, not relevant and poor relevance.

You negative ego zeroed on on that immediately tried to jump in and I could hear your voice saying, "Then why did she come to the workshop? The title was self explanatory! It was for women only! And it was on relationship and communication! What was she thinking?"

I observed what you said, but let it slide off and didn't energise it further. I was having a good day and a good end to the day and I was not about to let you ruin it for me. You can say whatever you want about the feedback from that person, but I am not taking what has been said personally. It is none of my business why the person came. I was there, I delivered well and I know many gained a lot from it.

Negative ego be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment