Monday 19 October 2009

Dear Negative Ego re: [parenting]

I saw how you tried to get to my daughter yesterday...she was cranky for the first part of the day. Blaming everything and everyone for everything. So I said to her teasingly while smiling, "Oh you're such a victim, poor little you. Why did you then give your power away?"

Then she said innocently, "No, the power didn't flow out of my hands" So I said, "Good, keep it."

Later she was given a one minute time out for bad behaviour. You, negative ego didn't like it one bit. I saw how you tried to put her in a state of confusion and conflict. And I insisted that she apologised to everyone. And she willingly obliged, "Ok mummy" and was happier afterwards.

It is always good to get you out of the way, negative ego! I know my daughter has not fully grasp the concept of personal power but she is slowly understanding that she has a choice in creating how she feels. So negative ego, I won't let you stay long in our household, be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment