Saturday 10 October 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [inner child]

I had a good laugh yesterday while playing tennis with my coach. Coach said that I looked tired and that I should break as I was not breathing properly while I was hitting the ball. And you instigated my inner child with this fleeting thought: "What does he know? He is less fit than you are, you can run around the block for hours while he pants like crazy hitting a few balls!"

I laughed at you and your attempts and immediately said to coach, "Yes, I agree with you, I think I was not conscious of my breathing while I was doing my ground strokes. I will pay attention in the next round."

You withered away with those words and I grinned to myself. Coach looked at me with a look like he was wondering why I was grinning like a nut. But never mind, it is better to have someone think I am nuts than to give my power away to you. Bye bye negative ego!

No comments:

Post a Comment