Tuesday 27 October 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [health]

Yesterday, while having breakfast at the hotel in Hong Kong someone eating heartily away caught my eye. He was an overweight gentleman eating a plate of full chocolate doughnuts and bacon. You jumped in immediately and said in a judgmental way, it won't be long before he has a heart attack! 

I let your comment slide off and chose not to energize it further. But my mind was also pre-occupied with thinking, what will I say to my daughter if she saw that man eating what he ate, when I just told her that we don't eat these things because it is unhealthy. I remained centred and prepared a reply in my mind on what to say to her (in a non-judgmental way towards anyone) should she ask.

Negative ego, I am not going to allow you to put me in a position of dilemma and I will speak the truth, in a non-judgmental way especially in educating my young child. Bye negative ego, be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment