Tuesday 6 October 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [vigilance]

I had a long and intensive weekend of workshops and you tried to take the opportunity to steer me out of my centredness today - on my last day in Malaysia. I got on the coach to take me back to Singapore, but the journey was longer than usual with hiccups and waiting along the way. It became almost a 7 hour coach ride back. There was also a big group of of tourists on the coach who were talking and shouting at the top of their voices throughout the entire journey. I tried to rest but you kept wanting to interfere by injecting all kinds of judgmental thoughts about the coach service, and the tourists.

I said to you, I'm not going to play into your game....not after a long weekend of vigilance that was maintained. But you know what, I knew that something like this was going to happen because it is always wise to expect to be tested and to be ready for it. Despite the weariness, I remained in the eye of the hurricane and came home at peace with myself and how I handled you and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment