Saturday 17 October 2009

Dear Negative Ego re: [duality]

This morning, one of my neighbours who lives below us was screaming at her live in helper on the balcony. She screamed for a long time.

You negative ego tried to put me in a state of your duality, by first saying it is none of my business and I should just keep quiet despite the screams and noise made early in the morning. And then you decided to swing to the other extreme by saying that, I should go down there and tell her off because she was waking up the whole estate.

I thought to myself, I am not going to listen to you negative ego. But I will take action that will neither be intrusive nor offensive. So I called up the security guards and told them of the situation. They said they will have a look and will remind her of the disturbance she is causing to her neighbours. That calmed the situation for now.

I observe that this neighbour is bordering on psychologically abusing her helper and if out of control she might just physically abuse her as well. I said to myself that I will do whatever I can to inform the authorities if things get out of hand, because I can see clearly what goes on on her balcony from my office at home.

(The helper like many others in Singapore are foreigners coming here to earn a meagre income for hardwork [modern day slavery] and often times do not realise that they have rights as human beings because they grew up in third world countries with little understanding of this concept of human rights.)

Negative ego I will not listen to the illusion of your duality. I will do whatever I can that is spiritually and karmically right for my fellow brother/sister in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment