Sunday 27 September 2009

Dear Negative Ego re: {guilt}

The feelings of guilt is something you use a lot to come into the area of parenting. I see it in action in my clients, in other people and I was not surprised when you tried to surface yesterday in my interaction with my daughter.

We were out running errands, and had lunch at the food court. I bought a vegetarian fried rice for her, not knowing that it was going to be slightly spicy. As she began eating it, she said that it was spicy but she insisted on eating it saying that she will drink water at the same time. You tried to move me into guilt. I caught you saying to me, "It is all your fault that she is not able to enjoy her lunch".

Immediately, I laughed at this thought, about how ridiculous it was! You diminished as soon as you surfaced.

My daughter did enjoy her lunch, she said it was delicious.

So negative ego, you can try, but I will never let you get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment