Tuesday 22 September 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [children's vulnerability]

I saw how you surfaced in my young child last night. You made her feel powerless and angry. She was very upset that she didn't get what she wanted for dinner when we were out for a meal. And she said defiantly that she was very upset with her daddy because he didn't get her what she wanted. She folded her arms across her chest and said she will not eat it. I know this is your doing, negative ego. You made her feel powerless and you influenced her in thinking that she is justified in feeling upset.

So I told her, "Darling, don't give your power away. Don't get upset over this. Try this delicious noodles and you will like it." She sighed and gave it a try and realised that she likes this noodle and she felt really happy about it.

I know that you will keep on influencing her negative ego, but I will not let this happen for long. I saw how she felt and experienced the fact that she is not as powerless as she thought. She may not be able to grasp the concept in her 4 year old mind, but she felt it last night and the transformation was immediate. I am happy for her.

So this is a warning to you, negative ego, that you can try but you will never succeed in the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment