Thursday 26 November 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [indecision]

While booking for my air ticket for my upcoming trip to HK, you tried to put me in two minds. Because the prices of air tickets have gone up considerably on my preferred dates of travel, you say it is ok to not to make a decision yet, while in the background trying to introduce all kinds of negative thoughts about the travel arrangements.

I observe that you were trying to introduce fuzziness in my mind and to also engage my emotional body in a negative sense. Logically speaking with such a short time span left, there is no chance the prices are coming down, for they will be going up. So I took a deep breath, spent 2 mins to clear my mind and made a decision. I learned from Dr Stone that making a 'bad' decision is better than not making a decision at all and I am glad I didn't flow your train of fuzzy thoughts.

I am happy that all the arrangements have been made, and I am also taking a day off while in HK since I didn't get the preferred date to come home. So I will make use of my day off with some sightseeing and a little half day retreat by myself. Thanks but no thanks to you negative ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment