Sunday 15 November 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [judgments]

You said all kinds of things while I was standing at the podium waiting for people to turn up for the talk. You said they were rude, disrespectful and lack common courtesy, and you said these not in observation but with a certain level of spitefulness. I let your words slip by, making sure I was not energising them just focusing on my breathing and connecting with the Divine and why I was there in the first place.

I was invited to give a lunch time talk at a big local corporation and it was due to begin at noon. When noon came along, only 3 turned up. I asked how many were going to be present, they said 30. By 12.10, I told the organizer that I would start in 2 minutes. She said, it is best to wait till 1/2 the numbers have turned up, so I asked firmly and calmly, what time will that be? She was uncomfortable that I was making a firm stand and so she said, can we wait till 12.15? I agreed. The talk was uneventful as most of the participants were not engaging and many seemed to there only for the food! But credit must be given to the handful who were upbeat throughout. I did my part and left.

After the talk, you wanted me to compare my time with other big corporations and how much more polite, organized and graceful they were. But I told you to stop! Negative ego I can see how you would try to sway me in your direction, but I will remain firm and do my part to connect with God in all of life's situations. Be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment