Tuesday 17 November 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [vigilance]

I knew how you would come in when I am in a half asleep mode so I was really glad I reminded myself to watch out for you.

Last night after being woken up by a loud and incessant vibration from the apartment downstairs, I couldn't go back to sleep as the sound and vibration were going through the floor, the bed and my pillow. I could not figure out what it was, but it sounded like a big machine that was going. I told myself that you would surface to try to pull me off centre, and lo and behold! you did. You introduced judgmental thoughts about the neighbour downstairs. But I refused to listen. I simply went to another room to continue my sleep.

Negative ego, I have had experience of you slipping in easily when I was in half sleep mode, but not this time! Be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment