Tuesday 1 December 2009

Dear Negative Ego re: [parenting]

I was reading to my young daughter her bed time story last night and you tried hard to get in into your act. My daughter was asking me a question and I answered her patiently, three seconds later, she asked me the same question and I repeated my answer. Five seconds later she asked the same question again. I could see you coming in and wanting me to get into your act. So I breathed in deeply and answered her again. Then she went on to ask me the same question two more times. I let it pass and said, I'm going to continue reading the book and you can ask me your question later. We finished the book and my young daughter forgot about her question.

This incident reminded me of a video I saw (see below) on youtube. Negative ego, I can see how you would love to jump in and introduce your negative thoughts and feelings. But I am not going to play your game. Be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment