Wednesday 16 December 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [judgment]

Today my sister told me that our grandmother is dying. And I said, "she has been dying for the past 2-3 years".

As I said these words in a matter of fact way, you tried to instill guilt in me that I was being cold or lacking in compassion. The truth is my grandmother is in her 90s and in and out of hospital countless times and the doctor has called for the family to be at her bedside telling us to prepare for her death and this has been done at least 3 times already in the past 2 years. This of course has allowed the family to be very prepared for her transition but grandma remains strong and alive.

I observe that yes, the doctors have given us many false alarms, which is a blessing for the family to prepare but I am not going to allow you, negative ego to instill guilt in me because I am ready for grandma's transition. I am aware that it is a matter of time and I also know that there is no such thing as 'death'.

So negative ego, I know you will try to instill feelings/thoughts that are common in mass consciousness but I am not going to get involved with those lower thoughtforms. I choose to align with the higher understanding of transition and the concept of 'death'.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma finally made her transition this morning....May she rest in peace....

    ReplyDelete