Monday 7 December 2009

Dear Negative ego re: [patience]

This must be a season of giving as well as repetitions :-)

I was at the supermarket but I didn't bring my shopping bag as it was an unplanned trip to buy some grocery. I went to the cashier and told her to put everything in one plastic bag. She looked at me as if she understood but proceeded to put my things into two bags, so I repeated my request politely again thinking she didn't hear me the first time. She looked at me again, and then continued to put the things into two bags! At this time, negative ego, you were all ready to pounce in. But I remained centred and refused to engage with you in any way. And I looked and smiled at the cashier and said one more time, please put everything in one bag, gesturing 'one bag' at the same time. Then she finally understood me!

You, negative ego again tried to jump in by saying judgmentally, if she didn't understand why didn't she ask! I brushed you off not wanting to give you any more energy than you deserve.

This may be a season of giving, but I am not giving my power away to you negative ego!

No comments:

Post a Comment