Friday 17 September 2010

Dear Negative Ego [frustration]

My recording software decided to do a runner.....I recorded an entire channeled session for a client, saved it but when I opened the file again, it was just silence. It was gone. Nothing was there anymore. I've been spending days trying to resolve this problem but to no avail. Now my schedule is being pushed back once again....

You negative ego, want me to feel frustrated, you say that it is normal to be frustrated with this. And that it is justifiable to vent frustration and irritation. But I say, no I'm not going to lose my cool over this. All I need to do is to explain the delay to my clients and I am sure they will understand.

You negative ego, also wanted to me to think that I will be judged for this. But negative ego, I know this is not something I am doing purposely to sabotage my own work, these technical problems do happen. We use computers as tools to assist us in our work, but computer are not our gods. So negative ego, you are being silly here. I am not listening to your advice! Be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment