Monday 23 August 2010

Dear Negative Ego [victim consciousness]

Well, this letter is long overdue but I just got to say this to you. You are silly to think that you can make me think I am a victim when I was on vacation. With my daughter falling ill and me lacking sleep as well as jet lag and having to take time to recover from exhaustion, you kept on trying to make me think that I am a victim in this whole situation. And that having spent time and money for a vacation that did not reward me with the rest I was looking forward to, you told me -- what's the point? For I am even more tired than before vacation, and you kept on wanting to me make me feel like a victim.

The truth is, yes, I am even more tired than before vacation but I am not a victim. I have chosen to see this as an opportunity to refine how I am using my time. In fact, because of this, I have come up with a more efficient and productive plan to have good and restful off days, and to take mini-vacations during my working week. I am so happy and excited about my new plan because not only am I getting the support from my family to do this, I will also become more productive!

So negative ego, you can try but you will never have the upper hand in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment